Well, it looks like we’re most likely moving up to the floor! I’m not sure how I feel about that.
Dr. Zucker (Director of ICU) and I butted heads slightly
over this. I feel she needs to stay in ICU one more day but he says I don’t have a say in it. I agreed as long as they move her to the 8th floor which is the “clean” floor (cancer unit). I will go kicking and screaming if they move us to 7 where it’s loud and busy and it’s the general population of sick kids. My “no spleen, cardiac” kid doesn’t need to go to a general floor. They agreed with me and asked if I wanted a job ;).
Her chest xray looks good and she’s sounding better on the left side. She’s on “blow by” O2 (no more in the nose stuff) and holding at 95% oxygen.
Her INR was 1.2 which is great (this is the amount of blood clotting stuff she has in her – they want it to be 1.8 – 2.5 but they were very pleased with the 1.2).
The plan otherwise:
* ICU told us Dr. Mello would be pulling two chest tubes. Dr. Mello says he’s not pulling any of them just yet. He will pull her pacing wires before we go to the floor though.
* They’re going to switch her to oral lasix as she’s peeing / outputting more than she’s taking in.
* They are going to remove the zantac since she’s eating now.
Speaking of eating, she ate a bit of eggs and bacon this morning before taking a nap. She’s still napping comfortably which is good. She’s peeing well and using the bedpan. Dr. Berning (cardiology) says they can probably get her a bedside commode for when we go to the floor which will make her more comfy I’m sure.
More information later as we know it.